for getting a pattern or picture shape on to the computer screen:
You will need a soft 2B pencil, a thin plastic A4 folder (the kind people put in files to hold paper) and a roll of masking tape.
- Select an object you want to trace.
- Select one with a simple outline to begin with. Put the transparent folder over the chosen object with the tape with the holes at the top.
- Now trace the object. Do not press too hard or else you may not be able to rub out the drawing and re-use the folder.
- Clear the Paint (Ptbrush) program screen (note: if you trace on to the grid, you will get a small pattern).
- Stick the folder on to the top of the monitor with the masking tape - this does not mark the monitor.
- With the Pencil or finest Brush, put dots on the screen UNDER the pencil tracing every half centimetre or so.
- Remove the plastic folder and connect up the dots with the Line tool.
- That done, the drawing can be coloured and detail added. I did the Goose in this way.